Published April 4, 2019
Ever been in charge of planning a bridal shower, baby shower, birthday party, or girls night and get completely overwhelmed with all the options? You want to try something different, but not break bank. A private class is the answer you didn’t know existed! This is also a great option for companies looking for a twist on a team-building activity or change up from the happy hour rotation. Don’t get us wrong, a company happy hour is fun too, but why not have an overall experience and learn something new from a local expert (while still having those drinks at the bar)?? Wink, wink!
We will plan a 2-3 hour class and take care of the details, so the stress is off your shoulders. Depending on the class you have in mind, you and your guests will get a one-on-one session with a local artist/chef/expert and get to take home a creation of your own. Most of our hosting venues have food + drink/catering options too! To book a private class all you need is a group of 10 or more. Already have a specific class in mind? Great! Email us which one you like, with a few date options, and we’ll get to planning!
Here are a few classes we think would make for a great private class:
- Floral Design – This fun and interactive class will have you arranging your own floral bouquet and learning all about the flowers you love, all while enjoying some quality time with your friends! Ann Newhouse, owner of Ann’s Floral Academy, will lead you through the step-by-step process of arranging beautiful bouquet of fresh flowers! All the flowers used in this class can be found at local stores, because we want you to be able to easily recreate your design at home, on any given day!
- Charcuterie Board – Our teacher, Alyssa with Alyssa Makes Something, will walk you through how to personalize your own cutting board with a wood burner (think punny sayings, cute designs, or whatever your heart desires) and then she will teach you how to craft the perfect charcuterie board. You’ll get to enjoy snacking on her creation and a glass of wine at the end of class!
- Pasta from Scratch – Freshly made pasta is surprisingly easy to make, once you know exactly what to do! The skilled chefs at Orlando Meats will guide you through a hands-on lesson on making delicious, homemade semolina egg pasta. Learn the step-by-step process on making the dough, rolling out noodles, and try your hand on a pasta machine. Your instructors – Eliot & Seth – will share a depth of knowledge on pasta including history and cooking tips you can use to make the perfect dish.
- Fragrance Making – Our friends at Freehand Goods will teach you to make your own bottle of perfume or cologne from scents you hand pick. They will lead you through the whole process from picking your base scents and top notes through the very end, where you’ll personalize your leather bottle cover. Come ready to sniff because there are over 100 different scents to mix and match.
- Cocktail from Scratch – Confused on when to shake or stir but you’re really good at sipping? Depending on your liquor preference, our teachers will demonstrate and guide you through the steps of crafting the perfect cocktail. You’ll be pros by the end of the night.
If any of these catch your eye or you have another class idea, shoot us an email at email@example.com and we can get this party started!